[TN-Bird] Re: My old mockingbirds

  • From: "THCumbie" <thcumbie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:48:02 -0400

Dee,
What a fascinating field study.  When Mockingbirds are around one knows it.
There are always mockers at my home in Roswell, Georgia but here in my
Buladean, NC yard and the immediate surrounding area there are none except
during migration.  I do have Catbirds in the summer months.  But they are quiet
and not obvious as the mockingbirds are... not loudly territorial oriented.

Do both the male and the female mockers sing?  I am not sure.  But obviously
you have a singing mockingbird.  Keep us posted on the success of the lone
mocker.  I suppose they are year around residents???

Tess Cumbie
Buladean, NC near Roan Mountain, Elizabethton, and Johnson City, TN