[TN-Bird] More White-faced Ibis

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <dollyron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRD" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:40:42 -0400

Tn-birders,
Dollyann and I found a flock of 14 White-faced Ibis this morning at mile marker
5.5 on the Great River Road (GRR) in Dyer County. There is a row of trees that
comes out nearly to the GRR. To the right (south) of these trees and a bit
further back, there is a man made pond. To the right of the pond and even
further back near a ditch row, was a wet area with some standing water. This is
where we had the Ibis.
We looked for 2 days for any sign of the Whistling ducks in the area, but were
not lucky enough to find any. Jeff Wilson had a pair of Black-bellied last
night (just south of mile marker 6), but by the time we got there, they were
gone. We also did not see any sign of the Tri-colored Heron that had been
reported earlier. We were, however, able to locate the Bell's Vireos breeding
in Black Bayou, and the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher on Highway 103, about a mile
east of the GRR.

Great birding to all.
Ron Hoff and Dollyann Myers
Clinton, Tn.