[TN-Bird] More Sandhill Cranes

  • From: Robbie Hassler <drhass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:55:47 -0600

Byrdstown,TN
Pickett County
At 9:00 AM the sky was full of Sandhill Cranes over my house.  Counting by
fives, I had approximately 900 in large and small groups.  All were circling to
gain altitude, giving their unforgetable wild call.   At 10:00 AM more came in
groups as before, with a count of 260, making a total of 1,160 cranes.  Some of
these could very well be part of the crane report I gave yesterday.

It would be helpful if everyone could give the date, time and place of each
crane sighting to reduce the possibility of duplications.

Good Craneing,
Robbie Hassler