[TN-Bird] More LeConte's

  • From: "Todd, Michael C." <michael.c.todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 01:16:55 -0500

11/4/08
Pace Point area; Henry Co
I made a quick run this morning up to Pace again, to get a little practice with
a new camera before work today. Most of my time was spent in the sparrow field.
I had at least 10 LeConte's today, with 6 birds in the south end of the field
that I didn't get to on Sunday. I had 3 birds sitting up in view here at one
time. I also had 4 birds in the north end where I had the birds on Sunday. Once
again, several sat up for prolonged views. This was fortunate, as I was doing a
lot of fiddling with the camera! Also out there today were a Vesper and Sedge
Wren.

Pace Point had about the same mix, though the Franklin's were nowhere to be
found, leaving only Ringers and a few Herring. Lots of ducks around, but
nothing unusual in the time I was there.

I have added a couple of additional shots of LeConte's from today, as well as a
juv. Bald Eagle that happened by at Pace.
These are in the same gallery as before:
http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/winter_20082009 , or the 1st new image is here:
http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/image/105512780

On a different note, I was gently persuaded by Bill Pulliam to start entering
my sightings into eBird. I had intended to at least look at this long ago, but
just never did. I would encourage anyone, especially anyone like me who has yet
to go to an electronic form of record keeping, to give it a try. My records are
from posts, and just on a big stack of checklists and various notes. eBird has
definitely made it easier for me to keep up with stuff, and I really wish I had
started long ago, as it will now take me forever to enter all the old data I
have. I want my data to be useful in the big picture, but is also nice having
it organized in a way that many others already have (those on AviSys, etc).

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.pbase.com/mctodd

The information contained in this communication and its attachment(s) is
intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
in error, please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and delete the
communication without retaining any copies. Thank you.

Translations available: http://www.owenscorning.com/emailfooter.html

                       MAP RESOURCES