[TN-Bird] More Cranes on the Move

  • From: "Charles P. Nicholson" <cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:15:24 -0500

At about 6:30 this evening, January 3, I heard a flock of cranes flying
southward over Norris, Anderson County.  I could not determine the size of
the flock.  The current cold spell may be continuing to push out cranes that
had been hanging out north of us.  December was unusually warm in Indiana
and Illinois.  Chicago, for example, had one of its warmest Decembers ever
with temps about 8 degrees above average.

Chuck Nicholson

Norris, TN