[TN-Bird] Mississippi Kites Still Migrating?

  • From: robert terrell <rlt1945@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:21:00 -0400

I was surprised to see a flock of 65 Mississippi Kites flying overhead as we
were standing in our front yard in Knoxville at 2:35pm, October 29. They were
flying in a long file, going south at less than 1000 ft, then turned toward the
southwest while still within sight, but not yet over downtown Knoxville.
Trailing along with the Kites at the same altitude were two Broad-Winged
Hawks. The sighting was noted on ebird.org.

Robert Terrell
Knoxville, TN