[TN-Bird] Migrants at Cravens House, Hamilton co. TN (first Cravens Black-b illed Cuckoo)

  • From: "Kevin A. Calhoon" <kac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To:
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:09:30 -0400

I had a nice movement of migrating passerines yesterday morning (Sept. 6)
while doing my migration monitoring survey.  Highlights included:

9 species of warblers:

1 Canada

3 Cerulean

3 Tennessee

6 Chestnut-sided

4 Magnolia

8 Black-throated Green

1 Blackburnian

3 Black and White

5 American Redstart

1 BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO (Finally, a first for the Cravens House area, after 10
years of birding and monitoring at this location!)

1 calling YELLOW BELLIED-FLYCATCHER

1 Acadian Flycatcher

1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak

1 Baltimore Oriole

6 Yellow-billed Cuckoo (are moving through)

6 Red-eyed Vireo

2 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

3 Ruby-throated Hummingbird

2 Summer Tanager