[TN-Bird] Re: Middlepoint Landfill (Landfill Rd. is private)

  • From: Terry Witt <terrywitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Daniel B. Estabrooks" <dbe2g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:01:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi Daniel

I see what you mean from the maps.
I am going to continue my research.

I am still not convinced that Middlepoint can control any activity on the road,
and parking to the side out of everyone's way is the intelligent place to look
at the gulls.
The irony of all this is that the landfill gets loads of bad pr from the many
large trucks and the smells that are present - they need all the friends they
can find.
They built the athletic fields to try and recover some community support, and
one of my friends flies his RC model plane there, their club has access to the
lower fields.
If all else fails, I will be happy to meet with the manager and try and assure
them we will stay out of their hair.
I don't see the difference between parking out of the way, and walking to the
same spot.  This is more of an issue in the winter when it is frequently cold
and/or windy, and the other day when I was there, it was pouring rain.

Terry