[TN-Bird] Re: Middle TN rookery report

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 06:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

Went out by canoe on Woods Reservoir with my daughter to check out the
rookery.  We had mostly of the same birds Scott reported plus 20 black terns
flying around us on our way out to the island.  We arrived just in time for the
2 imm white ibis to fly over us and disappear into the brush.  The best part
was when on the paddle back, my daughter, who is somewhat of a reluctant
birder, said, "let's do this again tomorrow!"
Thanks for the post, Scott.

A couple photos of cattle egrets:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkirschke/3757338479/