[TN-Bird] Mendota Hawk Watch

  • From: RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:34:47 EDT

Hi Birders:
The 2003 Mendota Hawk Watch "officially" began on September 9, 2003, with Ron
Harrington and Bob Quillen serving as the "early bird" watchers. As you can
see, we started off kinda slow with only a few "advance scouts," but the action
really picked up well today. We were not at the site on 9-11.
       Species                        Sept 9        Sept 10       Sept 12
  YTD

Broad-winged Hawk              3                1                 217
   221
Coopers Hawk                      1                0                1
       2
Osprey                                0                1                 0
            1
Sharp-shinned Hawk             1                0                0
     1
UIA                                     0                 0                1
              1
UIF                                      0                0                1
              1

              Hours(EST)       9-1                  9-1              8-1
              # Observers:    2                       2                2
               Man-hours:     4                       4                4

Come on up and join in the fellowship and fun taking in one of nature's great
migrations. If you are at the site when I am absent (e.g., both days this
weekend) and happen to be the one keeping the count, please send me the numbers
as soon as possible. My e-mail is roneharrin@xxxxxxx, and phone is (276)
669-4948. Thanks.

Ron Harrington
Bristol, VA