[TN-Bird] Meadow/starls & a phoe/starl

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:22:51 EST

Hello Birders,
For several days here in the Charlotte Park section of West Nashville near
the old Cleece's Ferry landing on a Davidson County section of the Cumberland
River, I have had two starlings who have the eastern meadowlark song down to
the
last nuance of every tone!  Since I have never had a meadowlark on this
property, those pesky starlings had me all excited and dashing outside to see
my
"new yard birds!"  Just imagine my chagrin when I saw the two starlings down on
the lawn mouthing off the perfect imitation.  I still run outside when I hear
them, even though I've grown accustomed to it being starlings.  I also have
one starling that thinks its a phoebe as it speaks "phoebe" very frequently.

While I was showering earlier today, something must have "gotten" one of my
little juncos.  When I returned to the dining room and went outside to take
more food, quite a number of likely junco feathers were blowing around on the
deck that were not there before I went in to shower.

Cheers & prayers,

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN