[TN-Bird] Macedonia Bottoms Heronry, Gibson Co.

  • From: "Mark Greene" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TN-Birds Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:02:40 +0000 (UTC)

March 18, 2015Macedonia Bottoms Heronry,Western Gibson County
I made a quick swing by the Macedonia Bottoms Heronry, located in the Forked
Deer River Bottoms along Hwy 104 between Trenton and Dyersburg in western
Gibson County, this afternoon. Several Great Blue Herons (40+) were already
present on and around the nests and I saw several Great Blues bringing in
sticks to add to their nests. I only saw two Great Egrets but their numbers
should increase drastically over the next few weeks. No Anhingas yet but
hopefully they'll also be returning in the next few weeks.
Good birding,
Mark GreeneTrenton, TNGibson County