[TN-Bird] MacGillivray's on Tuesday

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:20:27 EST

Radnor Lake
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
Marcia Davis of Knoxville joined me at Radnor Lake today in the search for
the MacGillivray's Warbler.  After searching for about 30 minutes, we took
cover
from the rain on the porch of the ranger's house.  It soon chipped from the
split rail fence area, but Marcia only got a brief look. Standing under the
porch again, we soon saw it come right up to the bush at the bottom of the
steps
and gave us a great open look.  It even moved into the bushes right next to
the porch while chipping, but we couldn't see it from where we were.  It then
flew down toward the water.  Well worth getting a little wet!

The Surf Scoter was not seen, but it could have been farther down the lake.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN