[TN-Bird] Re: Loudon County swans

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:47:13 -0500

Went looking for the tundra swans at lunch time today and found them in Loudon
County.  From Route 411 I started down Tenn. 95 where the Clendenens last saw
them yesterday afternoon on a large farm pond but on my way to the pond I saw
them flying back toward 411.  Checked out the pond and saw only Canada Geese.
Turned around and drove back to 411 and found them in the same place Steve &
Gail first saw them yesterday... in field behind Catlett's Fireworks.  This is
.3 miles north of 95.  Route 411 has wide shoulders so no problem to park and
scope them.  They were still there when I left just before 1 pm.

Carole Gobert, Knoxville, Knox County, TN> From: scgwc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [TN-Bird] Loudon County swans> Date: Tue, 27
Jan 2009 17:51:49 -0500> > Bob Howdeshell's two Tundra Swans were still in the
Greenback area of Loudon County this afternoon, Tuesday, Jan. 27. We drove
south on U.S. 411 from Blount County through the short section of Loudon County
into Monroe County without spotting them. While going back north, we saw them
in a field on the west side behind a building with a Catlett's Fireworks sign.
They then flew southwest. We drove south without finding them and turned
northwest onto Tenn. 95. We found them at the large farm pond on the north side
of 95 roughly 1/2 mile from 411. We left them at 3:35. There is NO place to
safely park at the farm pond and traffic includes dump trucks.> Steve & Gail
Clendenen> Farragut, Knox County> =================NOTES TO
SUBSCRIBER=====================> > The TN-Bird Net requires you to SIGN YOUR
MESSAGE with> first and last name, CITY (TOWN) and state abbreviation.> You are
also required to list the COUNTY in which the birds> you report were seen. The
actual DATE OF OBSERVATION should> appear in the first paragraph.>
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society > Neither the
society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)> endorse the views or opinions expressed> by
the members of this discussion group.> > Moderator: Wallace Coffey, Bristol,
TN> wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ------------------------------> Assistant
Moderator Andy Jones> Cleveland, OH> -------------------------------> Assistant
Moderator Dave Worley> Rosedale, VA>
Tennessee Ornithological Society> web site at http://www.tnbirds.org> * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *> > ARCHIVES> TN-Bird Net
Archives at //www.freelists.org/archives/tn-bird/> > MAP RESOURCES>
Tenn.Counties Map at http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/states/tennessee3.gif>
Aerial photos to complement google maps http://local.live.com> >

                       MAP RESOURCES