[TN-Bird] Long-tailed Duck - yes

  • From: Georges McNeil <mcneilg20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All,

I saw the male LT Duck yesterday without camera in tow and decided to go back
today.  The weather was suppose to be good but of course I was with camera gear
and the weather stunk by 5pm.  Even had short showers.  Thanks weather.com!
The beautiful male was still present and diving a lot.  I hope he sticks around
enough for sunnier weather and for me to give it another attempt.  Chickasaw
Lake at Shelby Farms Park also had 4 BW Teal (2 pairs) and 12 Ring-necked Ducks
(6 M, 6 F), one Great Blue Heron and a Kingfisher.  I did not stay long
considering the bad weather.

By the way, Pine Lake had 8 Gadwall and 3 N. Shovelers upon driving by.

Georges McNeil
Shelby County