[TN-Bird] Lock 5 Bird Refuge - Wilson County

  • From: Syd Phillips <sydphi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:19:13 -0700 (PDT)

I've been wanting to go onto the Lock 5 Bird Refuge in Wilson County. Their web
page seems inviting enough, but it's kinda' an unfriendly looking entrance at
the site. Supposedly, it is open to the public except for a period from Nov
15-Feb.  There is a closed gate with an unlatched padlock.   I could remove the
lock, go through the gate, but I'm not comfortable assuming that's permitted.
Attempts to reach someone at the TWRA have failed.  I'm sure they are short
on funds that support public interaction.

Does anybody know more about it?

http://www.tnwatchablewildlife.org/watchareadetails.cfm?uid=09091619340869907&region=Old_Hickory_Lake_-_Lock_5_Refuge&statearea=Middle_Tennessee

Thanks,
Syd