[TN-Bird] Lincoln's Sparrow at feeder, Cumberland Co., Jan. 6-7, 2014

  • From: "Ed Legrand" <elegrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 12:55:47 -0600

With the cold weather and a bit of snow, the birds from adjacent fields have
been coming to the feeder, including a Lincoln’s Sparrow yesterday and
today. Other unusual feeder birds have been a Fox Sparrow today (known to be
in a field ¼ mile away) and an immature Chipping Sparrow yesterday and
today. I wonder if the Lincoln’s Sparrow was the one I saw nearby on Oct. 20
(and didn’t find on the Christmas count).

Ed LeGrand

Cumberland Co., TN