[TN-Bird] Lifers

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 07:03:15 -0800

Happy New Year,
     On Thursday my wife and I went to see the Hooded Crane and stayed
there from 1 P. M. until 4 P. M., but never saw it.  However, we got good
close looks at two juvenile Whoopers and good close looks at a Bachman's
sparrow which was a life bird for us - quite unexpected.  I had gone three
times to locations three times to see a Bachman's - twice to Tullahoma
where they had been seen and once on the North Carolina coast so it was
good to see it in perch on top of the high weeds at the front of the
viewing area.  On Saturday my wife and son went back and were there at 11;
30 when the crane flew in, but the look was quite brief.

J. N. Howard, Marion County