[TN-Bird] Leucistic Mallard?

  • From: Dustin Crowell <dusscrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 06:17:28 -0600

1/31/15
Radnor Lake State Natural Area, Davidson County
(This is my third attempt to send this email. I had to convert the picture
to fit the size limits.) I spotted a very interesting duck from a distance
on the lake Saturday. For a brief, exciting moment I though it may be a sea
duck, but not so. It turned out to be a white female mallard. I'm not sure
if it is a domestic hybrid or possibly a leucistic bird. Someone with more
experience on this may know. I've attached very blurry pictures I took with
a point-and-shoot thru a spotting scope (sorry for poor quality). Any ideas?
Dustin Crowell
Nashville, TN