[TN-Bird] Leucistic American Robin

  • From: "Scott Somershoe" <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:57:30 -0600

This morning I found a leucistic American Robin in my neighborhood in Smyrna,
Rutherford Co. and managed a few photos this afternoon.  I'm sure I probably
creeped out a couple of the neighbors a little as I walked back and forth
looking for the bird with my camera in hand.  I ended up finding the bird in a
baseball field not too far away from where I originally saw it.  When it
eventually flew off, it viciously attacked another robin until a third robin
came in and beat up the leucistic one.  They all flew off and I couldn't find
the leucistic one again.

A few photos here if interested:
http://www.pbase.com/shoeman/leucistic_robin

Cheers,