[TN-Bird] Latest TBRC voting and new members

  • From: "Kevin A. Calhoon" <kac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Harold Sharp" <sharp_h@xxxxxxxxx>, "Ray Zimmerman" <znaturalist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:48:39 -0500

Here are the results of the latest Tennessee Bird Records Committee
voting; Committee members: ( Mike Todd, Mark Greene, Don Miller, Bill
Pulliam, Jan Shaw , Phillip Casteel and Kevin Calhoon)

Inca Dove -  Seen my Mark Greene at Jolly Landing in Lake County on 25
August 2010.

Accepted 6-0

Long-billed Murrelet - Seen by Mark Greene, Jeff Wilson, and Bob
Foehring at Reelfoot Lake in Lake County on 14 December 2002.

Accepted 6-0  This record will be added to the Official List of
Tennessee Birds in the  "Provisional Category"  because documentation
was a submitted by one person without a photo, skin or sound recording.

Prairie Falcon - Seen by Tommie Rogers and Libby Wolfe in Meigs County
on 4 January 2014.

Not Accepted 4-2 - Felt that there was not enough documentation to rule
out other raptors.

Don Miller, Bill Pulliam and Jan Shaw finished their term on the
committee and rotated off this fall.  I want to thank them for all their
hard work!

Ron Hoff (TOS president) appointed Chris Sloan and Dan Jacobson as new
regular members to replace them for the next three year term.  Phillip
Casteel was moved from an alternate to a regular member and David
Kirschke was added as the new alternate.  Mark Greene, Mike Todd and I
will serve one more year and rotate off the committee next fall.  I was
reappointed by the committee to serve on more year as secretary.

So please send in any records you might have for species that are on the
review list that is found in the TBRC section of the TOS website.  We
are in the process of updated the review list also.

Kevin Calhoon/ secretary of TBRC

Assistant Curator of Forests

Tennessee Aquarium

423-785-4070