[TN-Bird] Late Louisiana Waterthrush, Davidson County

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:08:27 EDT

10-4-05
Ellington Ag Center
Davidson Co.

I birded Ellington again this morning and had several migrants, including a
new late date for the Nashville Area of Louisiana Waterthrush.  The previous
date was Sept. 26, 1970.  I got a great look at it at eye level on a low branch
above the creek.  The throat was clear and it had a broad, white rear
supercilium.  It was bobbing its tail fairly slowly in a semicircular motion as
described in The Sibley Guide to Birds.  I also had my first of season
Blue-headed
Vireo.

American Kestrel 1
Chimney Swift 10