[TN-Bird] Lark Sparrow in Cumberland Co., Wed. Aug. 22

  • From: "LeGrand family" <elegrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:53:48 -0500

This morning (22 August 2012) I found a Lark Sparrow along Leffle Webb Road
(0.3 mile from Vandever Road) in southern Cumberland County. It was feeding
along the road edge and sitting on the fence wires in pasture in loose
association with bluebirds and Chipping Sparrows. I got a distant but
definitive photo showing the strongly patterned head with chestnut areas.
This is a first record for Cumberland County according to Stephen Stedman's
bird website (and my second in the region this August).
http://iweb.tntech.edu/sstedman/BUCRCountiesofUCR.htm

Ed LeGrand

Cumberland Co., TN