[TN-Bird] LT Duck at Chickasaw - yes

  • From: Georges McNeil <mcneilg20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 20:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

Fellow birders,

I decided to make another attempt to see if the Long-tailed Duck was still
around after work today since the forecasts are predicting rain for the next
couple of days.  You think I should have learned something from yesterday's
weather.  It was of course sunny all day until I walked around Chickasaw Lake.
I came upon Susan who said she had sunny close shots just before I arrived.
Imagine that - ha!  I was beginning to think some one was trying to tell me
something but I hung out as other birders were in search of the duck as well.

I met a very nice couple from Knoxville who drove down today to see the LT
duck.  Also met another very nice couple, Mike and Cathy, with cameras ready
and we did get the sun to return off and on.  I am happily reporting the
Long-tailed male is still at Chickasaw and although not my best shots, I did
manage to get a couple worth sharing.  I am attaching a couple shots for grins….

Bird On!
Georges McNeil
Shelby County