[TN-Bird] Knoxville waterfowl - update

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 15:59:37 -0500

I was in the area again today so I drove past the pond on Baum Drive in
Knoxville, Knox County to see if the redheads and gadwalls from two days ago
were still present.  They were but in different numbers.  Today there were just
7 Gadwalls and 6 Redheads (1 male, 5 females) and there was also a female
Ring-necked Duck staying close to the Redheads; makes me wonder if I mistakenly
IDed her as a Redhead Sunday; I don't think so but it's possible and would
explain the missing Redhead.  Today a Mallard was also present, sleeping on the
bank.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S12763186
Carole Gobert, Knoxville