[TN-Bird] Knox Spring count date set

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:51:40 -0400 (EDT)

It's still a long way off, but while submitting this for the KTOS
newsletter, I thought I would pass this along to TN-Birds as well
to make sure everyone knows about this date change in time to plan
accordingly.

The Knox County Spring Count is traditionally held the last Sunday
in April but this year that conflicts with the TOS state meeting.
With a large percentage of our regular counters planning on
attending the TOS meeting, we were left with the prospect of
having sparse coverage or moving the date.  So we decided to move
the count date back 6 days to Saturday, 3 May 2008.

See the announcement below for particulars.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN

Knox County Spring Count

Due to a conflict with the TOS state meeting, the Knox County Spring
Count will be held on Sunday, 3 May 2008.  As usual, parties will be
counting birds throughout Knox County on this day.  All are welcome
and encouraged to participate by either joining a field party or
counting birds in your own neighborhood (if you live in Knox Co)
similar to Project Feederwatch or the Great Backyard Bird Count.

Submit your results to the compiler (Dean Edwards, 1615 Meadow Chase
Ln, Knoxville TN 37931; kde@xxxxxxx) as soon as possible after the
count.  Results should include:  checklist with numbers of each
species observed; location covered; time of day you started and stopped
counting; separate tallies of miles and hours travelled by foot, car,
boat, etc.; tally of miles and hours spent owling; and names of all
participants with contact information for at least one person in the
party.  You may also be asked to provide documentation for any rare
or unusual species.

If you plan to participate or have any further questions, please
contact the compiler (Dean Edwards, 865-660-9701).

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES