[TN-Bird] Kestrels and Scissortaileds

  • From: queen mab <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 12:00:41 -0700 (PDT)

10-07-2012
Rutherford County

I went to Bill Smith Drive in Murfreesboro because for the past two weeks I
have seen American Kestrels hanging around along the phone wires. Today, the
weather and sun were accommodating. I was able to snap the female and male
American Kestrel. There were four Kestrels. It is a very short street and, as I
was leaving, at the other end of the street there were four Scissortailed
Flycatchers. Two playing in the field and two on the wires.  I took these
photos between 1250 and 0110 this afternoon. One of the best twenty minutes
behind a camera!

Marnie Mitchell
Rutherford County