[TN-Bird] Kestrel Montgomery County

  • From: UTLAW97@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:39:04 EDT

Saw first Kestrel since February today in Montgomery County. Female sitting
on telephone wire on Trenton road halfway between sequoia and 101st Parkway
in Clarksville.
It was there when I drove past at noon. At 1:15 pm, it flew in and landed
about the same spot as  earlier.
High traffic area, and loud road and bridge construction nearby, but  it
didn't seem to bother it at all. The area is pretty flat with good distance
visibility. I have seen a trio of hawks in this area over the summer, but this
is
the first time I have seen a Kestrel in this location.
Managed to get some pix but haven't taken them off the camera yet.
Jeff Grimes
Clarksville/Woodlawn, TN