[TN-Bird] KTOS Swainson's Warbler Foray

  • From: "tom howe" <blountbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 19:58:21 -0400

Blount County

June 1, Saturday. KTOS will be having a field trip to look for Swainson's
Warblers in the Smokies on the Townsend side of the Park this Saturday,
especially for those who didn't come out in the rain on the 18th. Details
are as follows: Leader: Tom Howe. Please RSVP to 748-9610, or copy your
response to thowe@xxxxxxxxxxx. Meet at Kroger on Hall Rd in Alcoa at 7:30
a.m. We will hike the Schoolhouse Gap Trail. Two miles of easy to moderate
hiking. Bring snacks and water. Other potential birds will include Acadian
Flycatcher and Black-throated Green, Black-throated Blue, Hooded, and
Worm-eating Warblers. We should be done around 12:30 p.m. The trailhead is
3-4 miles west of the Townsend Wye, the only large parking lot on the right
hand side on the way to Cades Cove.

Tom