[TN-Bird] KTOS Meeting Tonight

  • From: Billie <bfcantwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:28:21 -0400

Join us on*_Wednesday, October 5, at 6:45 p.m_*. for our first speaker of the program year. Than Boves, a UT graduate student, will update us on his doctoral research. Than's research project is entitled "Disturbance in the forest: Cerulean Warblers respond to experimental timber harvests in multiple ways." Than will discuss the impacts of managing for Cerulean's using partial harvesting techniques which emulate natural disturbances and how this type of management strategy influences various population and individual metrics such as density, reproduction, body condition, parental behavior, and plumage characteristics and sexual selection.

This month's meeting will return us to our regular location in Room 117 of the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. For directions, please click on our Meetings page on the web at .www.tn birds.org/KTOS.html <http://www.tnbirds.org/KTOS.html>_.
_

_Billie Cantwell
Knoxville, TN
_