[TN-Bird] KTOS Field Trip--Dec. 4--GSMNP

  • From: amjwoody@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:54:34 +0000 (UTC)

Please join the Knoxville Chapter for an outing to the Great Smoky Mountains
National Park on Sunday, Dec. 4. Mike Nelson will lead this trip. We will meet
in the parking lot of the Sugar Lands Visitor Center at 8 am. From the Visitor
Center, we will head toward New Found Gap, stopping at Alum Cave Bluffs and any
other areas showing bird activity. Our exact route and destination may change
due to weather conditions. Possible species include Creepers, Winter Wren,
Peregrine Falcons, and Crossbills, to name a few. Right now, the weather looks
favorable, partly sunny with a high of around 48 F, so be sure to bring warm
clothing, especially for the early part of the trip. The expected duration of
the trip is until noon, but, one never knows exactly how long a trip will last,
so be sure to bring water and a snack.

Alice Woody
Knoxville Chapter Field Trip Coordinator