[TN-Bird] KTOS Field Trip--Dec. 1

  • From: amjwoody@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:09:11 +0000 (UTC)

                Please join KTOS for a walk in Tommy Shumpert Park, on
Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011, starting at 9:00 am. After we meet in the parking lot,
Tony King will be our leader as we walk through the varied

                habitat of Tommy Shumpert Park, looking for whatever feathered
beauties await us. The park
includes bushy scrub, open fields, mowed fields, and forest habitats.

The park is located at 6400 Fountain City Road. Directions for Route 1: take
I-640 to Broadway north, go toward Halls through Fountain City, turn left onto
Rifle Range Rd, after 3.2 miles turn right onto Fountain City Rd, and the park
entrance is 100 yards on right. Route 2: from I-75 take the Merchants Dr. exit,
Exit 108, go East to Central Avenue Pike, turn left, go approx. ½ mile, turn
right onto Dry Gap Pike, approx. 1.5 miles, bear right onto Rifle Range Rd
approx. 1.5 miles, turn left onto Fountain City Road, and the park entrance is
100 feet on right.

Bring water and a snack. For more information see http :// www . knoxcounty
.org/parks/ schumpert _park. php

This trip will not be included in the newsletter because of publication dates,
so please tell any of your friends who might be interested (but who do not get
electronic notices) about it.

Alice Woody
KTOS Field Trip Coordinator