[TN-Bird] KTOS Field Trip this Saturday

  • From: "Tom Howe" <blountbirder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TN-bird'" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:13:48 -0400

Saturday September 20, 2014

Foothills Parkway Hawk and Migrant Watch

8:00 am - 11:30 am

Foothills Parkway, Walland, TN

Leader: Tom Howe (865) 407-9620,
blountbirder@xxxxxxx
We will meet at the Foothills Parkway turnaround at the
beginning of road in Walland, Tenn. at around 8:00 a.m. and
start our trip by looking for thrushes, flycatchers and warblers

around the parking area. We will then move up the ridge for hawks

at the first pull-off with parking on both sides of the road.

Last year the winds were perfect and we had more than 400

hawks of several species including a Peregrine Falcon.