[TN-Bird] J. Percy Priest Field Trial Area - 10/13/14

  • From: "Chloe Walker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:17:27 -0700

We tracked around the Field Trial area at Percy Priest Lake this morning and
found 3 Marsh Wrens in the first field on the left. The habitat was really good
for wrens and sparrows, especially with the earlier rain leaving the fields
wet. Although we didn't do very much walking, I have no doubt in my mind that
there were likely a lot more Marsh Wrens (and who knows what else...) in the
fields. We were hoping for something "really good," like a LeConte's or
Nelson's Sparrow, but we struck out on these. However, two immature
White-crowned Sparrows, loads of Swamp and Song Sparrows, and a single
Lincoln's Sparrow were also present here.

This place is definitely worth checking right now, but be aware that it's
closed to the public on the weekends for the dog trials.

Chloe Walker
Murfreesboro, TN
http://www.chloesbirdingblog.blogspot.com/