[TN-Bird] Re: It's Time for a Tennessee Conservation Sales Tax

  • From: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pamarch@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:42:55 -0600

It's a nice idea, but in Tennessee, it's incredibly unlikely (probably
impossible) that it could be implemented anytime in the foreseeable
future.  Tennessee already has one of the highest sales tax rates in
the country, so it will likely be politically extremely difficult for
anyone to stomach the notion of adding yet another sales tax for this
purpose.  There might be a tax solution to this problem, but I
personally do not think it will ever be a straight sales tax.

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com