[TN-Bird] Invitation from Mayor Ashe to JB Owen event

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dtrently@xxxxxxx, don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JaneLWilson@xxxxxxx,jjadmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jmcbrcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxx,kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, meredith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, n.c.day@xxxxxxx,Azaslow@xxxxxxxxx, alfredmperry@xxxxxx, zoonut1@xxxxxxx,acjtorbett@xxxxxxx, tallentad@xxxxxxx, atibbels@xxxxxxx,ahoff@xxxxxxx, Imboden@xxxxxxx, bettiem@xxxxxxx, mksull1245@xxxxxxx,bhatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxx, RobertSteffy@xxxxxxx, Sharpbirds@xxxxxxx,celammers@xxxxxxxxxxx, cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx, cwelsh@xxxxxxx,cytanker@xxxxxxxxx, cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, craigbob@xxxxxxx,dmoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gurd@xxxxxxx, davev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,himara1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jdjoslin@xxxxxxxxx, eclebsch@xxxxxxx,ihleel@xxxxxxx, ofrances@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hspiegel@xxxxxxx, hchitwood@xxxxxxx,hoyle@xxxxxxxxxx, sxk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, travels@xxxxxxxxxx,JimHarb@xxxxxxx, jimimoore@xxxxxxxx, PurGallin@xxxxxxxxxxx,kennerjm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jmasseycrs@xxxxxxxxxxx,jdwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ksgarden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,luvsbirdn@xxxxxxx, lspearl@xxxxxxxxxxx, lbales@xxxxxxxxx,Tennwren@xxxxxxx, martha-rudolph@xxxxxxx, maryuziel@xxxxxxxxxxx,ntanner@xxxxxxxxx, pbeute@xxxxxxx, pjennin1@xxxxxxx,priddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rdtanker@xxxxxxx, dollyron@xxxxxxxxx,Roseanna@xxxxxxxxxxx, ssheliga@xxxxxxx, lynbales@xxxxxxxxxxx,sadair@xxxxxxx, Steve-Clendenen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tdhowe@xxxxxxxxx,tonyheadrk@xxxxxxx, everson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wkjames@xxxxxxx,maramadman@xxxxxxxxx, Long2437@xxxxxxx,TN-Bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)

Mayor Victor Ashe, members of the Knoxville City Council and Parks
and Recreation Director Sam Anderson would like to invite you and
members of the Knoxville Chapter of Tennessee Ornithological Society
to a special ceremony in Sharp's Ridge Park on Tuesday, December 16,
2003, 10:00 a.m., at the park's overlook.

To enhance the spectacular view from the park's overlook, we will be
unveiling a full color interpretive sign that identifies the gaps and
peaks of the Great Smoky Mountains.  In addition, we will be
dedicating the overlook to the memory of an individual who devoted
his career to educating others on ornithology.

We look forward to having you join us for this very important
occasion.

THE OFFICIAL INVITATION FROM FORMER MAYOR VICTOR ASHE IS:

December 2003

        I would like to invite you to join members of City Council, Parks
and Recreation Director Sam Anderson and me for a special ceremony in
Sharp?s Ridge Park on Tuesday, December 16, 2003, 10:00 a.m., at the
park?s overlook.

        To enhance the spectacular view from the park?s overlook, we will be

unveiling a full color interpretive sign that identifies the gaps and

peaks of the Great Smoky Mountains.  In addition, we will be
dedicating the overlook to the memory of an individual who devoted
his career to educating others on ornithology.

        It has been a pleasure to serve you as Mayor, and helping create
more parks and community legacies.  Remember favorably the proposed
city charter amendment which city voters will get to consider next
August 2004 to establish a twenty-year trust fund for future parks
and greenways across Knoxville.

        I look forward to seeing you Tuesday the 16th.  If you have any
questions, please call Angela Robbins at 215-2946.

                                        Sincerely yours,

                                        Victor Ashe

VA:ar

Directions:  North on Broadway approximately two and a half miles
from downtown, turn left on Ludlow Avenue, then right on Sharp?s
Ridge Memorial Road.  Follow the road to the top of the ridge.  The
overlook is on the left.

=====
Charlie Muise, Senior Naturalist
Now living in Maryville, TN
Still working in Great Smoky Mountains
National Park

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
Ralph Waldo Emerson