[TN-Bird] Indiana Birder Visting Nashville Area- Suggestions?

  • From: "John Lawrence" <johnnyslickster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:45:54 -0500

My wife and I are coming down from Bloomington, Indiana this weekend to
spend a few days with friends in Fairview, just southwest of Nashville.
I've been looking through the recent list archives to get an idea of where
to go birding while I'm here, but since I don't know the state at all I'm a
bit lost.

I'd like to go to Pace Point to see the loons if they hang around and I have
time.  Also, we plan to go to Memphis for a day, so maybe I can catch the
Vermillion Flycatcher along the way.  Any other suggestions?  I'm of course
interested in birds that we don't see "up north."  Any chance of seeing a
brown-headed nuthatch?  I probably won't be able to travel too far out of
the way, since I'm the only birder in the group (so Pace Point may be out).

Thanks!

John Lawrence
Bloomington, IN