[TN-Bird] In Memory of Jeff Wilson

  • From: "Tommie Rogers" <Bananaquit1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TNBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:50:55 -0500

This was posted on Mississippi Birds today:

Many of you may be aware that it has been almost one year since the

    "Ol Coot" Jeff Wilson passed away. In thinking of a fitting way to

    honor Jeff's memory near this anniversary, I am reminded of his love

    of shorebirds. Jeff's love of shorebirds, aka "wind birds", was

    widely known among his friends and followers. He would have been

    proud to play a part in the conservation and improvement of

    shorebird habitat in our neck of the woods. So, I would like to

    invite you to consider making a donation in his memory to support

    this beloved group of birds. Delta Wind Birds is a new nonprofit

    organization founded to promote quality habitat for migrating

    shorebirds in the Delta. It was inspiration from birders like Jeff,

    who loved shorebirds and loved birding the Delta, that led to the

    formation of Delta Wind Birds, and I think he would have been proud

    to be a part of this new shorebird organization. Please consider

    making a donation to the Delta Wind Birds habitat programs and help

    make shorebirding in the Delta a part of Jeff's continuing legacy.

    Please pass this along to other birders that you might think would

    be interested.

    To make a donation, please visit this webpage:

    https://www.facebook.com/delta...

    (Facebook account not required)

   Thanks from DWB

Gene Knight