[TN-Bird] Immature Cooper's hawk visits

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:16:19 EDT

Good birdy-day,

For the first time in two years, I saw an immature Cooper's hawk fly  down
on my deck in the Charlotte Park section of West Nashville, Davidson
County.  It must be a young novice at the hunting game, as it landed  with a
THUD
and sent my feeder birds  and a chipmunk flying and scurrying  in every
direction.  The bird flew up to a tree then over toward WSMV's  tower on Knob
Hill just across five streets and I-40.    It  was "too embarrassed" to stay
around for a photo session, but I have quite a few  photos of previous
Cooper's on my deck.  They always make me joyous, so I  hope it comes back
again.

Dee Thompson
Nashville,TN