[TN-Bird] Images on mailing list

  • From: David Coe <davidbcoe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:29:58 -0500

I love subscribing to this site, and thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's
accounts of bird encounters and sightings, even when I don't always have time
to get out and see stuff myself.

But I live in a rural area and have fairly slow internet service.  A mailing
with several large images attached to it can bog down my internet connection
for quite a while.  Can we as a community try to limit photos to small, low-res
images whenever possible?  Sharing photos is great, but if the images can be
resized and resampled so that they don't represent a huge drain on the limited
web resources some of us have, that would be great, too.

Many thanks.  I will now return to lurking mode . . .
*****
David B. Coe/D.B. Jackson
www.DavidBCoe.com
www.dbjackson-author.com