[TN-Bird] Ibis and more

  • From: "Ken Leggett" <kcleggett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 20:59:15 -0500

Today, Betty and I birded part of Dyer and Lake County.  The most significant
find was an Ibis just off Great River Road in Dyer County.  We found it about
noon and when
 we returned about 3:45 pm it was still there. It was an adult but not quite in
the breeding plummage.  We concluded after examing its grey bill, red legs and
red and white around eye that it was a White-faced.
Saturday, Mark Green led a group of us birders in Lake County for the North
American Migration Count. Over 150 species were recorded. Mark will be
reporting the results of this count shortly.

A few of us around Reelfoot are on vacation this week and plan to bird the area
extensively. These next few days in May are the most productive in the Reelfoot
area.  Anyone that would like to bird during this time would be welcome.  Send
me an email.

Ken Leggett
Dyersburg, TN