[TN-Bird] IMPORTANT NOTE TO SUBSCRIBERS

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:09:51 -0400

TN-Birders:
Please take extra care to include the exact location of all sightings and
birding locations in the body of the text of your postings.  I realize that
frequent readers and our best birding friends who bird the same locations may
wonder why you are being so formal.

Try to think of those subscribers who are new to the list, new to your area,
new to our state who are not insiders and are trying to benefit from our
postings.  Beacuse my birding friends and I all know a location by heart, it is
still not justification that we do not need to fully inform others.

A list of this size, covering such a very large, area needs to be friendly and
useful to all.

I have noticed that as one or two subscribers become lax,  more and more tend
to forget and our list becomes less friendly.  Some of the state discussion
groups are so bad you can't make any useful sense from all the insider
information and generalizations which are posted.

Some of our subscribers simply put a location name and county at the top of
every message.  Persons working along the borders with our many other states
need to include the state abbreviation.  That works well if you don't feel
comfortable including it in your message text.  Please do not depend on persons
to capture the location simply from your subject line.

Let's keep TN-Birds user freined and well structured for the benefit of all
subscribers.

Let's go birding....

Wallace Coffey
Moderator, TN-Birds