[TN-Bird] Hummers

  • From: "Ella Howard" <birder3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN Bird List" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:46:04 -0500

Greetings,
    For those interested in the arrival times for Hummers, for the last three
years since we have come here to reside on a permanent basis, our scout has
arrived on April l5th.  He was a day early this year and showed up at around 6
P. M. on the l4th and was very hungry, taking long drinks.  We live in Fiery
Gizzard Cove about half-way between South Pittsburg, Tn and the foot of
Monteagle.
    It's good to hear that David Aborn in Hixson saw a Red Headed Woodpecker.
When we first acquired this property in l988, some Red-Headeds seemed to be
resident.  Then after l989 we saw no more except for two days during this past
winter, but we have not seen it since.  We have all the other woodpecker types
possible and still had a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker yesterday.

                            J. N. Howard

                             South Pittsburg