[TN-Bird] Re: How many birds species in Knoxville?

  • From: Sharon Monett <sbm4him@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:56:44 -0400

Thanks all, that helps!

I'd thought about using ebird, but honestly, I usually just use it for
checking hotspots and/or specific species, so I kinda forgot that I could
at least break it down to a county.  That does help to get to a more
accurate number, but then seeing all the birds Dean has noticed are missing
from the list makes me wonder just how accurate the number really is, even
for the county.
Certainly close enough for MY purposes, but it *would* be interesting to
know a more precise number for the city!  Interesting to ME, anyway. :D