[TN-Bird] House Wrens Increasing ?

  • From: "David Stone" <rockyturf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:43:56 -0400

    I have lived here 24 years and had never seen a House Wren until 2001. For
least the last 3 years some have been nesting in Bluebird boxes at The Honors
golf course near Chattanooga (including eggs right now). Hopefully we will not
get too much of a good thing as they keep filling up several houses with
sticks. This year they have become more sinister and have filled some boxes
with Blackberry and Dewberry briers!

David Stone
Ooltewah, Tn.
Hamilton County