[TN-Bird] Hooded Crane and Harris Sparrow photo's

  • From: "Mike O'Malley" <mandjomalley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:19:29 -0500 (EST)

For those who may be interested I've included a link to some photo's of the
Hooded Crane at Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge in SE Tennessee today. The bird was
very accommodating between early morning and one o'clock, generally in view
most of the time.
I noticed that John Vanderpoel who is working on his "Big Year" was the first
name on the sign up list today. He saw the bird early and left for Cape
Hatteras (a 700 mile drive!) for a pelagic trip tomorrow looking for a Great
Skua! Check out his website for some interesting reading.

I've also included a few photo's of the Harris Sparrow being seen in Trigg
County, KY near Lake Barkley Lodge.

http://www.pbase.com/birdom/december_2011_birds&page=1

Mike O'Malley
Clarksville, TN