[TN-Bird] Hooded Crane Report

  • From: Charles Murray <dro_1945@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN- BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:55:39 -0800 (PST)

Some of the at least 170 visitors to the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge in Meigs Co.
at Birchwood saw the hooded crane in the morning. I don't know exactly when it
was first seen in the morning nor how long it was in view then. I do know that
it flew into view before 9:10 a.m. and disappeared from view at 10:30 a.m. It
was not always seen during that time period. It returned to the green field in
front of the gazebo at 6:05 p.m. Visitors from 9 states, including Connecticut,
Delaware, Mississippi, and Washington,  were present at HWR today.Thanks to
Starr Klein who collected visitor information for over 6 hours.

Charles Murray
Birchwood, TN