[TN-Bird] Hodge Sandhill article

  • From: jameswbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TN-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:01:47 +0000

Could one of the Knoxvillians please post the e-mail address of the Managing
Editor of the Knoxville News-Sentinel. Just firing off a zinger to Hodge on
Sandhill Cranes, as I did, will cause nothing but laughter at the outdoors
desk.
Managing Editors, on the other hand, hate to get mail from angry people. It's
what they spend most of their time with, when they'd sooner be out on the golf
course.
I know that when I do a column that the managing editor feels might bring in
angry e-mail, or worse yet phone calls, it either gets deep-sixed or changed.
So if you all express your opinions to Mr. Hodge's boss it will ensure that
someone is looking over his shoulder in the future.
Letters to the editor from local residents is also a good idea, but the letter
or phone call to the ME is the best way to put a burr under the saddle.
Although Wallace's post is too subtle for a hunting advocate, it is so
long-winded it would drive the ME nuts for the time it takes to read.
James Brooks

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES