[TN-Bird] Hiwassee refuge photography

  • From: "Ryan Kamp" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "lewa_green@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Tn-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 16:29:38 +0000 (UTC)

Hi fellow birders,
Following the reports that the Sandhills are starting to come in, I'd like to
go to Hiwassee Refuge and do some photographing. Not the casual snapshot type,
but the waiting-two-days-for-the-perfect-shot type. I've been to the refuge
before, but somehow never when it's been open. So, a few questions I've got
are: Will there likely be enough Sandhills there before the refuge closes on
the 15th to make it a worthwhile trip, are blinds allowed, how open is the
refuge's access (I assume people can't simply roam around anywhere they
please), and where would be some good locations? Any other intel you think
might be useful is greatly appreciated. If this endeavor works out I'll be sure
to post an account of it on this mighty fine e-mail group.
Thanks!Ryan SkySail Photography