[TN-Bird] Hiwassee Cranes

  • From: JimmWilkerson@xxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:25:39 EST

Hiwassee Refuge
Meigs County

If you haven't heard, Operation Migration along with the Whoopers didn't
leave on Friday morning.  The weather doesn't look good for the next several
days
either.  More than likely I will still go up each day of the coming weekend
anyway.  You just never know until you get there.

Joe Duff was there early and gave a wonderful overview presentation to anyone
who cared to listen.  It's always nice to hear what's going on from a pilots
perspective.  While I was disappointed the cranes didn't fly, his being there
answering everyone's questions made the drive up purposeful!

I had always thought the annual migration trips led by Operation Migration
would close in another year or so.  Today I was pleased to find out that
another
10 year commitment has just been agree upon.

Jimmy Wilkerson
Hixson, TN.